Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Week 3

Week the third:-


They say that you have to get through the pain barrier... well no pain so far so I better keep pushing on, but a new swim suit definitely improved my style.
I take more time over jiggling this blog around than I do over swimming my 40+ lengths each day!
Day 14   1050m   Total  13.950 km January 14th 2013 (34 mins and improving, John has started making jokes about "The Island Swim" scheduled for summer 2013).
Day 15   1000m   Total  14.950 km January 15th 2013 
Day 16   1000m   Total  15.950 km January 16th 2013 


Only 3 days swimming in week 3.  Lots of felting and stitching though... but that doesn't count.  Someone noticed a good physique developing... All that frog-leggy kicking is beginning to pay off.
Congrats to my brother who has also started an exercise regime.  Go guy go.
Let's hope I can swim more than 3000 next week.

Post-Xmas Swimming:-

I think I will make my report every weekend.
So, in this case, I have swum a further 6.050km since I last posted.


Not bad, when you think that the temperature outside has been dropping and driving to my swim site has not been the easiest.
There was a 10 car pile up on Deerfoot today... made swimming a little tricky.  Fortunately they kept one lane open.
(Am I allowed to use a photo from Twitter, via via????).
My thoughts are with those folks who had to be taken to hospital, wishing you well.
So where does another 6km put me?
Well, I have just passed Inglewood wildlife part and am heading under the bridge at 17th AVE and Blackfoot Trail... Boy is that river water cold.

There are some wonderful birds to be seen in t

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am very grateful to you for commenting. Your text will appear shortly.